As promised, I’ve got the list for speed cleaning during the holidays. There’s nothing better than having a clean home, especially when you come home for the holidays. I usually try to clean right before we go out of town. It never fails, our house gets so messy when we come home from a weekend away with unpacking the car and all. So, it helps to have an already clean house.
When it comes to speed cleaning for me, I literally put on a timer. So, instead of taking an hour to clean, I only take 20 minutes, like I’m supposed to.
Speed Cleaning List:
- Start at the same end of the house every time you clean (I usually start at bedrooms and end with kitchen)
- On the days you need to sweep, mop, or vacuum, save it until the end, then do it all at once (I end up cleaning everything off and dusting before I do any vacuuming or sweeping/mopping).
- Keep daily shower cleaner in the bath/shower and spray down after each use.
Give yourself an allotted amount of time for each room so you don’t get distracted or take too long in one room.
Bedroom(s) 5 minutes each, depending on how much to pick up:
- Always make the bed. Even if there are other things laying around, the room will look much, much cleaner.
- Quickly pick up any clothes or toys that are lying around.
- Use a duster to quickly dust the surfaces that really need it (bedroom nightstands and dressers, tv entertainment center).
Bathroom(s) (5 minutes each):
- Squirt toilet bowl cleaner around the rim; let sit.
- Use disinfectant wipes to quickly wipe down the sinks & countertop (I use these wipes ALL the time).
- Use toilet brush to quickly scrub toilet.
- Use disinfectant wipes to wipe down toilet seat & lid.
- Use Windex wipes to wipe any spots off mirrors & to shine faucets.
Living Room/Dining/Home Office Areas (5-10 minutes):
- Quickly pick up any shoes, toys, or other items & place in basket.
- Use duster to quickly dust surfaces.
- Tidy desk area, throw out junk mail.
Kitchen (5-10 minutes, depending on how many dishes):
- Quickly pick up any items that don’t belong in kitchen and place them in basket(s). Gather any dirty dishes and put them next to sink.
- Quickly unload (if necessary) then load diswasher.
- Hand wash dishes/pots/pans as needed
- Wipe down counters & stovetop.
- It’s amazing how clean your kitchen will look with no clutter or dishes on the counter and a clean sink and stove top.
- Use a dry mop to clean hard floors. Spot clean with a sponge if necessary.
- Vacuum rugs/carpet, especially around Christmas tree (if using live tree)
- Clean glass surfaces & mirrors as needed with Windex wipes.
- Dump collected items in your secret garage box until further notice.
- Turn on your Christmas tree lights and light a scented candle and relax, you’re done cleaning!
Did I forget anything? Do you have some great tips on speed cleaning? Let me know if you do!
Don’t forget to enter my giveaway!! Click here to enter.