I’ve got a whole plethora of tips and tricks for Moms and Dads with a new baby. Check them out!
- Do not own more bottles than you’re willing to wash at one time. Cause you will dirty all of them before you wash them again!
- Sing to your baby, they love to hear your voice.
- Have confidence that you know your baby and what is best for it.
- Take a few minutes for yourself, breathe, don’t be afraid to ask for help
- Breastfeeding is so worth it! It’s hard at first sometimes but once you get the hang of it it’s a gazillion times easier than formula. Free, always ready and available and nothing to clean up! (:
- If you’re not happy and healthy neither is baby, take time for yourself!
- Buy the crib pad that is cloth on one side and rubber on the other, make crib bed up with a crib sheet, then lay down pad and put another crib sheet on top. When you have to change babys crib in the middle of the night, you can just remove top crib sheet and pad. you will still have clean bed underneath. Saves you from having to totally make up the crib bed in the middle of the night !
- Sleep when the baby sleeps!
- Learn how to swaddle
- Trust your instinct
- Enjoy every second and take a zillion pictures. You will never regret it.
- Make noise while new baby sleeps so they learn to sleep through anything
- relax – nothing is accomplished by sweating the small stuff
- Babies are resilient.
- Vicks rub on bottom of feet with socks on will soothe a cough and help with a fever
- Don’t listen to people who say you are spoiling that baby! They are not little for long so hold and love them as much as you can.
- Nurse in bed
- It’s ok to walk away from a safely placed screaming baby for a few mins to compose yourself. It will do you no good to try and tough it out. Go outside. Scream cry whatever. Get out the tension and then go back.
- It gets easier. Hang tough.
- establish a schedule….keep the baby awake as much as possible during the day so they will sleep more at night
- When in doubt, ask? Enjoy every second of bonding first and cleaning after! Give yourself some “Me” time!!!
- take all the advice in before the baby comes and THEN figure it out on your own!! make your own mistakes and learn your baby and what they like and want!! along with this comes trusting in yourself….you will be a wonderful mommy!!
- Learn how to swaddle your baby early and effectively. Most babies like to be swaddled as it mimics moms womb. Learning a good swaddle is like having your own miracle remedy for baby sleep.
- Let the dishes go and enjoy every second!!
- Enjoy it and know that your not the only one who has made mistakes we all have.
- It is okay to WANT and NEED a break every once in a while. Remember to pamper yourself so that you can be all that you can be for that little one.
Enjoy that new baby, they will grow up too fast, trust me.