Portland Road Trip….Day 4

I didn’t post yesterday because it was my husbands birthday, so I was busy getting his presents made.  Another post on that.  This is the last day of our road trip, we were super sad that it was almost over.  Since we drove, today was our designated day for driving all the way home.  We woke up early so we could go to the Japanese Gardens.  It was about 5 minutes outside of the city, and it was so quiet and serene and beautiful.  We loved seeing the gardens, it was so pretty and green.  As we left there were a whole plethora of people going to the gardens, we were lucky that we got there pretty early before the rush.

We saw some pretty waterfalls, fish, water lily’s, water skimmer, and some tadpoles.  Very Cool.

We started our very long road trip back to Utah, but we stopped at Multamah Falls again to see the waterfall one last time and to buy a few souvenirs.

We then commenced back on our road trip.  Not much happened until about 10:30-11:30 PM.  I looked down at the clock and noticed that the car was saying that one of the tires had about 20 psi (and dropping) in it, normally 32-35 psi.  Oh crap!  We were in the middle of nowhere,  I think the closest place was King Hill, about an hour from Twin Falls.  This meant about 2.5 hours to Logan!  We pulled off the freeway to check it out.  Sure enough the front right tire was really low.  Tyson pulled out the jack and the spare (donut).  He decided that it would be best to put the good back tire on the front and put the spare on the back.  It would be safer if anything happened because we still had a long way to go.  This took a while as you can imagine.  He got the tires back on and put the spare in the trunk.  We looked through the car manual and it said not to go over 65 (speed limit was 75), and luckily we could drive all the way  back to Logan on it (we thought we might have to stay in Twin Falls and get the tire fixed or get a new one the next morning).  Since we had to drive slower, we got home later.  When we finally pulled into the driveway it was 2:30 in the morning!!!  I felt really bad for Tyson because he had to be to work the next morning.

We had an amazing trip and it was so fun, even though the tire thing sucked it was worth it.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s