I know what you’re thinking, “why would I choose food for my diy project?” I know this isn’t crafty but I wanted to start finding more ideas for cooking. I always end up making the same thing over and over, so decided to find a few things on pinterest. I found Lime Chicken Tacos and they were soooo good. I got this picture off pinterest because my picture didn’t do this dish justice. Try out this recipe:
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup chunky salsa
- 12 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- Sour cream, shredded cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce, optional
- Place the chicken in a 3-qt. slow cooker. Combine lime juice and chili powder; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred meat with two forks and return to the slow cooker; heat through. Stir in corn and salsa.
- Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until heated through. Serve in tortillas with sour cream, cheese and lettuce if desired. Yield: 12 tacos.